Friday, May 8, 2009

5 minutes

There is a falafel shop in the Old City of Jerusalem where the shopkeeper makes what seems universally to be regarded as the best falafel in the Old City. He is apparently now a rich man, with many stores, but Suzan took us to the source. It was indeed great food. Sitting at this small restaurant, which is at the intersection of the third station of the cross, I became curious about the incredible range of people walking past. So I gave myself five minutes to photograph everyone who walked by.

The first image is of my colleague Shannon, the videographer of all trip and the person who has made the video blogs and mini-documentaries while I've done the text and photo entries. All the rest of the folks
who will pass by here in the next few moments were portraits of a city in a moment in time.

No comments: